The Role: Senior Malaria Advisor
For a future USAID-funded initiative to strengthen integrated health services activity (SIHSA) in Sierra Leone, Save the Children is hiring a senior malaria advisor. This project will strengthen the stewardship and governance of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, both at the central and district levels, as well as the quality of family planning, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, as well as malaria services. It will also encourage the adoption of critical health behaviors. Women are urged to apply vigorously. We welcome your application if you have a heart for kids and want to work on a vibrant team that supports Sierra Leone's development.
The Senior Malaria Advisor will answer to the Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party (TD/DCOP) and make sure that high-impact, tried-and-true interventions are technically implemented by stated objectives and reporting specifications. A thorough malaria control program will be planned and designed with assistance from the project team and partners as the post holder to ensure the technical and methodological soundness of all actions. Additionally, the post holder will supervise the work of technical employees, ensure effective technical and operational support for the project team, and manage the implementation of essential program activities across the targeted areas. The money and endorsement of donors are required for this post. Female applicants are strongly encouraged.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree is necessary; a master's degree in global health, public health, international development, or medicine is preferred.
• Having implemented international malaria prevention and treatment programs for a minimum of seven years, preferably in Sierra Leone or other West African nations.
• Technical expertise in program design, management, oversight, monitoring, evaluation, and research.
• Knowledge about malaria prevention and treatment strategies is crucial.
• Ability to coordinate with local governorates, international partners, and national health ministries to implement complicated, multi-intervention health development projects
• The ability to organize and coordinate partners around chosen malaria intervention strategies and indicators has been demonstrated.
• Commitment to meeting deadlines and working in a very time-sensitive workplace while creating high-quality project deliverables.
• Prior expertise and familiarity with USAID guidelines and procedures.
• Fostering teamwork and functioning as a team member
• With strong English communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Interaction with US government agencies, the governments of the host countries, and other international and domestic players.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
The deadline is December 31, 2022. - Please be aware that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis while the original job posting is active and that this publication is a rolling recruitment.
They work locally in more than 100 countries and employ almost 25,000 people worldwide to assist children who need improved healthcare, education, and child protection or who are affected by crises. Additionally, they engage in advocacy and campaigning at the highest levels to uphold children's rights and make sure their voices are heard.
By 2030, they hope to achieve three breakthroughs in how the world views children:
• Before turning five, no child dies from preventable causes.
• A good foundational education teaches all children that,
• Violence against children is no longer acceptable.
They are aware that great people make a successful organization, and that their staff members are essential to achieving their goals for children. They value their employees and provide a fulfilling career along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace that places a high value on ambition, creativity, and integrity.
Candidates are cautioned that,
Save the Children International maintains a zero-tolerance policy for multiple works and does not demand any payment or fee during the entire hiring procedure. Any request in this direction needs to be processed right away.
Please submit your application with a cover letter, an updated CV, and information about the salary range you are seeking.
Candidates should be aware that Careers. SL will provide a link for applicants to use since Save the Children is no longer used for job postings.
Applications should be accompanied by a copy of a current labor card.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The above article is selected by CoolDeeds.org. The information and the assets belong to their respective owners (original link).
Get inspired by these stories and start your own cool deeds. Let’s fill every neighborhood with good and cool activities. Start your first GroupUp activity or event, invite others, register participants & share your cool deeds so others can follow. Use CoolDeeds.com absolutely free tools to start your initiative. All for FREE, click here to start now.
Get inspiration and pick a date and create an "Event / Group Up" at www.cooldeeds.com. It is absolutely FREE. There are so many ideas on www.CoolDeeds.com, let's take one and go with it or come up with your own ideas and start something good and cool in your neighborhood. Click here to get started.
Share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts to announce. Send an invite to your friends, neighbors and family to join the "Event / Group Up".
Perform the event, take images, videos, and share on www.CoolDeeds.com to inspire the world so others can do the same in their community and neighborhood.
You did it.......Even if you did this alone, you should be proud of yourself as we surely are. Let's start creating an "Event / Group Up" today. Please note CoolDeeds.com is absolutely FREE for all the above activities. Our only purpose is to spread good and cool activities everywhere.